The patch was quite straightforward to write, though I did struggle for a while to get it to work properly on my Mediator equipped A1200. The problem was the common one of extra interrupts generated by the expansion hardware that WHDLoad can’t possibly handle. In Western Games’ case, this was causing the inbuilt Kickstart emulation to hang randomly during play, requiring the game to be exited and restarted to break out of the hung state.
The problems persisted even after disabling the Mediator interrupt system (with help from Elbox), so I eventually gave up, patched out the remaing OS calls and moved away from a KickEmu based slave altogether. Big thanks to Psygore for the idea!